Tier 2 Route to Indefinite Leave to Remain
Are you currently in the UK on a Tier 2 Work Visa and looking for a route that will allow you to settle in the UK? If so, you may be able to switch from the category of Tier 2 General to ILR (Indefinite Leave to Remain).
You can extend your Tier 2 Visa for a period of up to six years, provided you continue to work in a skilled role for a registered UK Sponsor. If you want to stay in the UK for a longer period, without being restricted by your Tier 2 Visa regulations, you can apply for ILR after living in the UK for five years. If you are granted ILR in the UK, you will be given Permanent Residence in the UK without having to comply with specific Tier 2 Visa regulations. This will mean that you will no longer need an employer with a Sponsorship Licence or to work in a position where there is a UK skills shortage.
A&S will help you with your switch from Tier 2 ICT to ILR. Our team can assist you with the transition, helping you to prepare for your ‘Life in the UK’ test and your English Language Test. Your lawyer will also prepare a Letter of Representation to accompany your application. This letter details your case and its merits as well as referencing any relevant UK immigration laws in support of your application. We will also provide a full document check, as well as completing your application form to the highest possible standard.
UK Immigration rules are complex and challenging which is why we work to our client’s best interest and understand what is at stake.
Fill out the form and one of our immigration experts will be in touch.
You will be eligible to apply for ILR while holding a Tier 2 General Work Visa if you have been in the UK for five years and you meet the other ILR requirements. These include:
- are earning £35,500 per year or more;
- have no unspent convictions;
- have been living and working in the UK;
- are still in a position of employment from a registered Tier 2 Sponsor able to legally employ migrant workers.
You can start the process of applying for ILR before your current visa has expired. You will need to submit the application form via the Home Office website to begin your journey toward a settlement in the UK.
To begin the application process to move from Tier 2 to ILR, you will need to pass the ‘Life in the UK’ test. This test will require you to show an understanding of British culture, history and current affairs. You will also have to meet the English Language requirements if applying for Indefinite Leave to Remain while on a Tier 2 Visa.
Dsichambers host a team of highly-equipped immigration lawyers, who can help you successfully switch from your Tier 2 ICT to ILR. An application for ILR is very extensive and requires you to be properly prepared for many different elements.
Our services include:
- assessing your eligibility for ILR;
- preparing you for your ‘Life in the UK’ test;
- ensuring that your immigration background has been documented properly for the Home Office;
- ensuring that each stage of your application is completed to the proper standard;
- performing a full document check to make sure you have sufficient supporting documents;
- liaising with the Home Office where appropriate;
- preparing a Letter of Representation to accompany your application. This letter details your case and its merits as well as referencing any relevant UK immigration laws in support of your case.
Get in touch with Dsichambers on 0744 8077 407 or make an enquiry online to arrange a consultation with one of our experienced immigration lawyers.