Child Visitor Visa

Child Visitor Visa


If someone under the age of 18 intends to travel to the UK, for up to six months, for education or visit family and friends, the Child Visitor visa which falls under the Standard Visitor Visa category is the ideal route. You must be able to prove that you have adequate accommodation and care during the stay and also that there will be a parent or guardian in your home country who is responsible for your well-being.

Your parent or guardian will need to have given their written consent and provided their full name and address. You will also need to provide details of the name and address of the person you will be staying with in the UK, their consent to your stay and details of their relationship to you.

One of our immigration experts will assist you with your application for a Child Visitor Visa, assessing the eligibility and best route to be taken. Your caseworker will complete your application and gather required documentation and produce a Letter of Representation in support of your application which highlights the strengths of your application in relation to UK law. Call us on 0744 8077 407 or complete the online contact form to receive a call back from one of our experts and discuss your options today.


UK Immigration rules are complex and challenging which is why we work to our client’s best interest and understand what is at stake.

Fill out the form and one of our immigration experts will be in touch.


If you or your child want to come to the UK for less than six months, you can apply under the Child Visitor category of the Standard Visitor Visa. This visa also permits you to study whilst here.

To come to the UK as a Child Visitor you must be able to show that you:

  • are under the age of 18 years at the time of applying;
  • have suitable arrangements in place (i.e. for your travel, care maintenance etc) and can disclose full details of them;
  • have a parent or guardian in your home country who is accountable for your care and can offer their address and landline contact number;
  • if accepted on a course of study, are at a learning institute that is on the register of education and training providers. It cannot be state funded.

Child Visitors who are visa nationals must have a valid Entry Clearance which identifies the adult accompanying the child visitor, or states that the child visitor is unaccompanied. If they do not have proof that they are able to travel alone, the Child Visitor Visa will only be valid if the named adult physically escorts the child.

If you/your child want to study in the UK for a period longer than six months, you can apply for a Tier 4 Child Student Visa under the points-based-system.

If you (or your child) visit the UK as a child visitor you are only allowed to stay for a maximum of six months. If you were granted leave to enter the UK for three months then this will be noted in your passport.

If you wish to apply for a Child Visitor extension you can do so by using the FLR(O) application.

You are not allowed to stay in the UK as a visitor for more than six months and you are expected to return to your home country when your visa expires

You may appeal a decision to refuse entry clearance if you are visiting a close family member. An immigration officer will say which members of the family qualify for this appeal.

We recommend that you apply for Entry Clearance in your country of residence before travelling to the UK.

No – with a visa in a visitor category, you will not have to prove a knowledge of the English Language or Life.But if you are studying here, the course you study may have independent English Language requirements.

At Dsichambers, our team of expert advisers can help assist and support you through each stage of your visa application process.

Our services include:

  • advising you on your child’s eligibility under the UK immigration rules;
  • assessing and collating your documents, ensuring they are sufficient for the application;
  • professionally completing and compiling all necessary paperwork;
  • producing a tailored Letter of Representation highlighting the merits of your case, referring to supporting; documentation and citing UK immigration law;
  • liaising with the Home Office until a decision is reached.

Contact us now on 0744 8077 407 or use our online contact form to speak to one of our immigration lawyers.